1996-01-15 - Re: New Puzzle Palace?

Header Data

From: s1018954@aix2.uottawa.ca
To: grimm@MIT.EDU
Message Hash: dd9bbfae57161bbe1ce1c371d735d38b7da8ca4cc11498e2a70aeff66f5ab0ba
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9601151533.C28480-0100000@aix2.uottawa.ca>
Reply To: <9601151840.AA00925@w20-575-119.MIT.EDU>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-15 20:24:26 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Jan 96 12:24:26 PST

Raw message

From: s1018954@aix2.uottawa.ca
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 96 12:24:26 PST
To: grimm@MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: New Puzzle Palace?

On Mon, 15 Jan 1996 grimm@MIT.EDU wrote:

> Schneier has done a major rewrite, or at least included *lots* of new
> info.  I haven't gotten a copy yet, but I saw one, and it was twice as
> thick as the first version.

Huh? Oh you mean Applied Crypto 2. I was asking about Puzzle Palace 2 by
Bamford, which I saw listed in AC2's bibliography. Can't seem to find it.
I was just wondering if it's worth ordering. (Maybe I wasn't clear in my
last msg.)

Btw, anyone know what else Bamford's been doing since he wrote Puzzle Palace 1,
in '82? Any other books, articles? He's a Washington lawyer, right? I
hear the new edition has a collaborating author; anything on him? Curious.

TIA.

Thread