1996-01-06 - Re: Why can’t I get PGP from MIT

Header Data

From: Laszlo Vecsey <master@internexus.net>
To: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Message Hash: e62170f3761670a04bd55d9d3c183c715dd6b8239ebad824e68262fb52cb59b2
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.960106151957.5334B-100000@micro.internexus.net>
Reply To: <2.2.32.19960106200842.0095e840@mail.teleport.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-06 20:38:38 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 04:38:38 +0800

Raw message

From: Laszlo Vecsey <master@internexus.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 04:38:38 +0800
To: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Subject: Re: Why can't I get PGP from MIT

On Sat, 6 Jan 1996, Alan Olsen wrote:

> At 12:47 PM 1/6/96 -0600, post wrote:
> >MIT won't let me get PGP or PGPhone.  I know their server
> >went down awhile back but, I have tried them several times
> >and sent several e-mail requests.  I thought maybe I was
> >missing something obvious or maybe they are just really
> >busy.  I keep being told I'm not in the U.S.
>
> There was a posting (either on the server or somewhere else) that claimed
> that the MIT site was having problems with .net and .org sites.  (As well as
> a couple of others if I remember correctly.)  The posting claimed that they
> had fixed the problem, but i guess not...

I believe I had a problem when I wanted to get PGP coming from
internexus.net (New Jersey). I just e-mailed them about it and I think
they just added the site to their 'acceptable' list. I did a traceroute
to why.net and noticed that it is very close to me, coming off of
SprintNet... probably the same situation.

Thread