1996-01-31 - NOISE: Borenstein’s Fatal Spam (Was: Plonk, Dr. Fred)

Header Data

From: “P.J. Ponder” <ponder@wane-leon-mail.scri.fsu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e7a6578ab3793ef32d9f8ba35d05d41bb5c0b752f6d00e599e26c9038d54fccd
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9601302323.A8042-0100000@wane3.scri.fsu.edu>
Raw Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 20:18:46 +0800

Raw message

From: "P.J. Ponder" <ponder@wane-leon-mail.scri.fsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 20:18:46 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: NOISE: Borenstein's Fatal Spam (Was: Plonk, Dr. Fred)

please don't try to make sensible replies to this type of tar-baby
garbage.  What's the point in arguing with someone who only wants
you to argue with them and make sure you spell their name right?

First Virtual, you lost a lot of ground with me.
(sounds like others feel the same way, too).

... that sucking sound is your reputation capital being
snarfed off your keyboard and encrypted by tempest-bots
lurking just under your tinfoil helmet.  I'd be worried.

The corrupted keyboard buffer of
"W. Kinney" <kinney@bogart.Colorado.EDU> wrote:
 . . .
> Followed by an hysterical essay on how FV has "discovered" the keyboard
> sniffer. Oh, please. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

To which FV's own replied:

I trust you've seen by now that we made no claim to have discovered
keyboard sniffers.  Please read our claims more carefully, and I'd be
delighted to discuss them rationally.  -- Nathaniel

delighted to discuss them at all, I would bet.  Anyone interested
in a discussion of whether or not keyboard sniffers work?

a pox on your virtual house for a bad spam, poorly aimed at this
list, in particular.
NEVER TYPE CYPHERPUNKS@TOAD.COM IN THE TO: LINE

Thread