1996-01-17 - FEY_kry

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fa8d141f9c65fd7adfdc7e33cab62dbff568bbca6a7b0704868cde3b4d2a9d62
Message ID: <199601161409.JAA02954@pipe1.nyc.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 08:21:04 +0800

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 08:21:04 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: FEY_kry

   Supporting Kocher's feynmanesque cracking of sec systems,
   the WSJ reports today on new ways science "seeks answers to
   high-tech puzzles by examining the reckless and random ways
   of nature."

      The cold, digital domain of silicon-based technology is
      drawing inspiration from an unlikely source: the living,
      breathing realm of nature. Scientists are turning to a
      wide variety of natural models -- from the way salmon
      migrate to how the human body fights viruses to
      evolution -- for new approaches to problem-solving.

      "Our view of computer science is rationalistic,
      mechanistic. But nature winds up doing things in a way
      we'de never think of," one scientist says.

   FEY_kry

Thread