1996-01-07 - Re: NSA says strong crypto to china??

Header Data

From: zinc <zinc@zifi.genetics.utah.edu>
To: “Timothy C. May” <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: fc0626627d284e1fcafbdb7e5d583d3c58b104d4ad8eeb38ba98ec120bc05435
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.960107140525.922A-100000@zifi.genetics.utah.edu>
Reply To: <ad154b940f02100416a1@[205.199.118.202]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-07 21:27:24 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 05:27:24 +0800

Raw message

From: zinc <zinc@zifi.genetics.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 05:27:24 +0800
To: "Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: NSA says strong crypto to china??

On Sun, 7 Jan 1996, Timothy C. May wrote:

> Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 11:43:40 -0800
> From: Timothy C. May <tcmay@got.net>
> To: cypherpunks@toad.com
> Subject: Re: NSA says strong crypto to china??
>
> At 10:37 AM 1/7/96, Alex Strasheim wrote:
>
> By the way, this is related to why I think you folks should all be
> supporting the "flat tax" and similar proposals. (Especially the proposal
> to end the double taxation of corporate income: tax the company and not the
> individual shareholders, or vice versa, but don't first tax the income to
> the corporation and then tax the distributed income/dividends/capital gains
> again.)

you think that's a bit ridiculous?  i'm paid via an NIH grant given to my
adivisor by the govt.  this stipend is taxed.  it didn't used to be
(started to be taxed around '86  i believe).  why the hell doesn't the
govt just save everyone the trouble and pay me less.  i'm sure they could
get rid of a couple of IRS people this way.

-pjf

patrick finerty = zinc@zifi.genetics.utah.edu = pfinerty@nyx.cs.du.edu
U of Utah biochem grad student in the Bass lab - zinc fingers + dsRNA!
** FINGER zinc-pgp@zifi.genetics.utah.edu for pgp public key - CRYPTO!
zifi runs LINUX 1.2.13 -=-=-=WEB=-=-=->  http://zifi.genetics.utah.edu

Thread