1996-02-25 - Re: TED_hal

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0683eeb873a6af723e82b0eb0e5a9b5e5cdf99c09815e96f88646537a1404686
Message ID: <ad55e77b06021004885a@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 02:38:53 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 02:38:53 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: TED_hal

At 4:17 PM 2/25/96, Brad Dolan wrote:

>Lipke's neighbors indicate his income didn't match his lifestyle.
>
>FINCEN at work?

I'm skeptical.

How would Lipka's neighbors know what his "income" is, unless he told them?
(My neighbors don't have any idea what my income is, for example.) Sounds
like typical bullshit by neigbors, saying they knew something was
"suspicious" (always after the fact, it seems).

Also, all indications so far revealed are that Lipka was only paid by the
Sovs in the mid-to-late 60s. And then only, according to released
information, something like $500 to $1000 per dead drop, about once a
month. Hardly a huge sum, even back then. Even if he invested this, which
is unlikely, how would his neighbors know if this was part of his "income"
or not?

Sounds more like, "Yeah, we knew there was something strange about him,"
which about half of all neigbors say about arrested fugitives in their
midst. (The other half saying, "But he was a really nice guy.")

--Tim

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!