1996-02-12 - Re: Encryption software

Header Data

From: nobody@mockingbird.alias.net (Anonymous)
To: medea@alpha.c2.org
Message Hash: 15010bbfd4c8c16667a9cec8887d05e616bf5799aa6f8307b4652bdbba10743b
Message ID: <199602120440.UAA02416@myriad>
Reply To: <199602120118.RAA22586@infinity.c2.org>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-12 17:12:18 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 01:12:18 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@mockingbird.alias.net (Anonymous)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 01:12:18 +0800
To: medea@alpha.c2.org
Subject: Re: Encryption software

medea@alpha.c2.org (Medea) wrote:

>  I was telling a friend that I was going to buy a program similar to PC
>Anywhere to be able to communicate between my computer at home and the one
>at the office.  He suggested trying to find a similar program which includes
>encryption.
>  Anyone know of such a program?

I'd use: Linux + ssh + dosemu

You can run your text-based messy-dos programs remotely; I do it all the
time.

If your work computer is not on a tcp/ip network already, then you'll need
to use slip/ppp over the modem, which isn't hard.  Just read the dip manual
and/or pppd man page, it tells you how to set up a slip/ppp account.  Ssh
takes care of all the encryption for your logins and file transfers (scp).

Thread