1996-02-14 - Re:A Cyberspace Independence Refutation

Header Data

From: strata@virtual.net
To: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Message Hash: 1c636dfb629ed9a98edd9fb9520aee33b6ed8f8a651d0bb8d67ca3885e4818c9
Message ID: <CMM.0.90.2.824165545.strata@virtual-city.virtual.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 17:15:31 +0800

Raw message

From: strata@virtual.net
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 17:15:31 +0800
To: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Subject: Re:A Cyberspace Independence Refutation

Duncan,

A well-thought out set of replies, but entirely within your line of thinking.
I apologize for not replying to your point by point, but I still have to keep
my typing to a minimum due to RSI.  I traded a work day for my Refutation
(in typing time).

I believe that you and I are working with either a subset or an almost
disjoint set of facts in relation to each other on the subjects of the
origins of the net, Operation Sun Devil, subsequent seizures, the operation
of the IETF and InterNIC, and how physical routing policy can be used to
easily implement gag orders.  Rather than have us attempt to educate each
other via back-and-forth messages, I will go back and re-examine some source
material on each of these issues over the next few weeks.  If my opinions
change, I will post them to you and to this list.  In the meantime, let us
merely agree to disagree; your mind is clearly made up, as is mine.

Cheers,
_Strata

Thread