1996-02-24 - Re: Expect A Wave of Killings of Journalists….

Header Data

From: Moroni <moroni@scranton.com>
To: “Timothy C. May” <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: 1cb7a261e7184063ecab24a4bce6ddfb622f6b57ce2117c922f5cd7f6db13899
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.960223190113.25263A@mixolydian.scranton.com>
Reply To: <ad529b3325021004378f@[205.199.118.202]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-24 19:26:39 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 03:26:39 +0800

Raw message

From: Moroni <moroni@scranton.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 03:26:39 +0800
To: "Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: Expect A Wave of Killings of Journalists....

   The CIA has allways  had journalists in their employ and big time. It
will not matter an iota if the government allows it or not ,it will be
done.They are not the only government to use reporters or actors or even
world reknown chefs.
                           moroni

On Thu, 22 Feb 1996, Timothy C. May wrote:

> At 11:36 PM 2/22/96, John Young wrote:
> >   2-22-96. TWP:
> >
> >   "CIA Can Waive Prohibition Against Using U.S. Clergy Abroad
> >   for Covert Work."
> >
> >      A controversial loophole permitting the CIA to recruit
> >      American journalists as agents also allows the agency to
> >      waive a similar 19-year-old ban on employing clerics or
> >      missionaries. An official also disclosed that CIA
> >      regulations prohibit recruiting employees of members of
> >      Congress or congressional committees "without the
> >      approval of the member" for whom they work.
>
> I watched CIA Director John Deutch (or is it Deutsch?) explain today just
> how the rules are being relaxed on having journalists as CIA operatives,
> and I could practically hear a collective "Oh, Shit!" echo from the
> journalistic capitals of the Second and Third Worlds.
>
> Even when journalists were reporting to the intelligence agencies, they
> like the convenient fiction that such practices were forbidden. Even so, a
> couple of journalists were tagged by the governments they were spying on
> and disposed of.
>
> Expect this to increase. Except now it will likely be Russian Mafiosos
> garrotting the "Washington Post" economics reporter in the back alleys off
> the Arbat.
>
> --Tim May
>
> Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!
> We got computers, we're tapping phone lines, we know that that ain't allowed.
> Timothy C. May              | Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,
> tcmay@got.net  408-728-0152 | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
> W.A.S.T.E.: Corralitos, CA  | knowledge, reputations, information markets,
> Higher Power: 2^756839 - 1  | black markets, collapse of governments.
> "National borders aren't even speed bumps on the information superhighway."

Thread