1996-02-19 - No Subject

Header Data

From: yesim ozben <c043484@narwhal.cc.metu.edu.tr>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 285b6efe354cc7032f4f0a5dadf03327a9deec04fd697805c26885637e0c8909
Message ID: <Pine.A32.3.91.960219014243.59031C-100000@narwhal.cc.metu.edu.tr>
Raw Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 08:15:34 +0800

Raw message

From: yesim ozben <c043484@narwhal.cc.metu.edu.tr>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 08:15:34 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No Subject

Some news from Turkey. Up to now all connections to Internet were
established and managed by TR-NET the collaboration of a university
(METU) and the the national scientific research center (Tubitak).
Recently the phone company opened a tender for this task and I think the
same group or some company or foundation they were part of won it. Today
I read that they are trying to pass some law for the net to be controlled
by a monopoly and the reason is to be able to control things. So it's
spreading.

Yesim

Thread