1996-02-05 - free speach and the government

Header Data

From: m5@dev.tivoli.com (Mike McNally)
To: Stephan Mohr <stephan.mohr@uni-tuebingen.de>
Message Hash: 2a7a39bf31c9dd5cc5f66050a82fc8c75338d0b9cca86d47a433236d57418753
Message ID: <9602051343.AA16098@alpha>
Reply To: <2.2.16.19960203234059.2eb7ed1c@mailserv.uni-tuebingen.de>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-05 14:01:28 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 22:01:28 +0800

Raw message

From: m5@dev.tivoli.com (Mike McNally)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 22:01:28 +0800
To: Stephan Mohr <stephan.mohr@uni-tuebingen.de>
Subject: free speach and the government

Stephan Mohr writes:
 > Well, maybe my imagination isn't strong enough to make my point. But do
 > you fighter for free speech, in principle, think that nothing, really
 > nothing, shouldn't be prevented of being published? And by being
 > published, I mean published in the net, not at loompanics (who knows
 > loompanics?).

Well, if it's OK to publish via Loompanics I don't see what your point
is.  Anybody psychotic enough to poison a municipal water supply won't
be deterred by being denied on-line access to information.

Remember that far, far more people walk in and out of bookstores and
libraries every day than log into a computer connected to the
Internet.

Mike M Nally * Tiv^H^H^H IBM * Austin TX    * I want more, I want more,
       m5@tivoli.com * m101@io.com          * I want more, I want more ...

Thread