1996-02-09 - Re: Forgery

Header Data

From: Fred <admin@dcwill.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2c3e86e82b68ad83a7eddacb9f6e79dfaa1e415994649075abf26a357fb3d087
Message ID: <199602091934.LAA20708@python.ee.unr.edu>
Reply To: <v02140b02ad4145336b20@[204.31.253.135]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-09 20:21:09 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 04:21:09 +0800

Raw message

From: Fred <admin@dcwill.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 04:21:09 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Forgery

> I just sent you a message, forwarding a forged message attributed to me about
> plonking. It strikes me that to reduce the possibility that some might
> claim THAT message was a forgery, I might have signed it. Too late. Well,
> I'll sign this one.

Well, the fact that it's a "bad signature" does a lot to assuage concerns
about forgery.

Now we'll probably see another message attempting to validate this one,
which attempted to validate an earlier message about a forgery that no
one (with the possible exception of the author) cared about in the first
place.

David (or whoever is forging this stuff for you), you should have quit
while you were ahead. It's been all downhill for you since the first
message.

Will the real David Sternlight (and DS wanna-bees) please sit down?

Fred  <admin@dcwill.com>

Thread