1996-02-01 - Domain registration

Header Data

From: David Mazieres <dm@amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4252fdefd72441c9fe11842f4a0aebdca1ecb5e58948a959a0439d897e159033
Message ID: <199602011939.OAA23286@amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 04:11:59 +0800

Raw message

From: David Mazieres <dm@amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 04:11:59 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Domain registration

Well, several people have told me it is possible to get response times of
8 hours on domain registration requests.  The last MODIFY request I sent
in was in mid January.  They sent back an autoreply telling me they were
still working on modify requests from the third week in december, and then
didn't change my domain until last week.  (The inaddr.arpa modify request
was considerably faster, however.)  Maybe they just don't like me, or
maybe they have very very recently automated the process.

At any rate, I stand corrected.

David

Thread