1996-02-03 - Re: Helping the Crypto-Clueless

Header Data

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 49472e341e14b35cfcad8e75aedb63122045e50415df83e90d45d062d07a1a65
Message ID: <Pine.ULT.3.91.960203002327.24317F-100000@Networking.Stanford.EDU>
Raw Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 17:00:42 +0800

Raw message

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 17:00:42 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Helping the Crypto-Clueless

Bruce Baugh's latest missive inspired me to send the following to my new
racist friends, and also, coincidentally, to those at the Wiesenthal
Center, law enforcement agencies, and so on who also read the list.  Posts
to Stormfront-L are moderated to keep out any non-racist "noise," but I
assume that this message will be approved. Don really has no other choice.

I imagine that this message will inspire greater awareness of and interest
in cryptographic applications, though I do not have great confidence that
it can do much to address my friends' cluelessness as such.

I was not inclined to give them any real specifics on how to obtain and
employ cypherpunkish tools. After all, we're not very close friends.

-rich