1996-02-20 - Re: Internet Privacy Guaranteed ad (POTP Jr.)

Header Data

From: IPG Sales <ipgsales@cyberstation.net>
To: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
Message Hash: 630c589d8a3dc69d0cc3a4a0def291f6a74a3c557ff36c3fa17dfaafaf44efb1
Message ID: <Pine.BSD/.3.91.960219190832.5326E-100000@citrine.cyberstation.net>
Reply To: <199602200101.UAA00472@jekyll.piermont.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-20 03:40:47 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 11:40:47 +0800

Raw message

From: IPG Sales <ipgsales@cyberstation.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 11:40:47 +0800
To: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Subject: Re: Internet Privacy Guaranteed ad (POTP Jr.)

Perry,

I will not waste anymore of your time, or mine -
Since you seem to know everything about everything,
there is no need in talking in circles - You may think that you know
everything there is to know about encryption, but believe me, there is
a lot more for you to learn - I do not now what KDC's are, I presume
some sort o Key Delivery Codes. or Systems, but? I would like to find out
though - send us some literature and we will send you a free demo system- that
is the differece between you and us - we know very little and want to
know more you know everythinh there is to know - and do not need to
know anymore -

Incidentally crypto wheel systems are stillemployed in 1996 at some of
the highest levels of usage - some called then rotors at one time - they
are still used because the produce non repeatable sequeces - the fact
that ROMs are userd insteaed of rotors does not change the basic nature
of such systems, they depend upon the generation of random, nonrepeatable
sequences, which they can do, much faster and much more securely ythan
RSA systems, I like RSA systems, they have application - but they are not
the begin all and end all of encryption technology - good luck

Thread