1996-02-18 - Indian Reservations

Header Data

From: Greg Kucharo <sophi@best.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 64df1a4c7018accf513aa565edaaefa959a063ad36dfa454d42714a091843849
Message ID: <312698F2.777F@best.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 12:26:15 +0800

Raw message

From: Greg Kucharo <sophi@best.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 12:26:15 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Indian Reservations

A indian reservation sure beats moving to the Turks and Caicos.
Well maybe not the weather part, but anyway in recent times I
believe that several local governments have challenged the indian
gaming enterprises. I recall a report on NPR about a challenge in
Deleware or New Hampshire by a group of townspeople that was on the
edge of a reservation. The indians won the case and were allowed to
continue. Because of the new wealth generated by the bingo parlors
and poker tables, the various tribes have gotten lobbying power in
Congress.
 So I think that indian reservation sovernignty has grown in recent
years, and would be very intresting course to pursue.

Thread