1996-02-09 - Re: Tell me whats wrong with this

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: lunaslide@loop.com
Message Hash: 653c6be1553e6e56a131006eff7591a0a077aeeb0661da7293989310a0e9d277
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960209114604.00e1d0d4@panix.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 03:42:41 +0800

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 03:42:41 +0800
To: lunaslide@loop.com
Subject: Re: Tell me whats wrong with this

At 01:00 AM 2/9/96 -0800, lunaslide@loop.com wrote:

>It is particularly the CDA which boils my blood.  One other concern,
>however, is that the lifting of restrictions on who can compete for what
>will result in mergers and buyouts of internet providers and that when only
>a few major companies own the bulk of the industry, the consumers will
>suffer from content restriction, technological lag and possibly price
>gouging.  I note the car, oil, software and media industries as a few
>examples.

The total number of firms is greater and the average size in these firms is
smaller than in the past.

Average institutional size in America has been declining since the late 1960s.
http://www.ios.com/~lroth/clips/bussiz.html.

DCF

Thread