1996-02-08 - Re: CDA; Don’t get mad, get even!

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6eebde873c5667f3b95ca3af167c039f2c70b0a4b96fce3b1eece9d803dde789
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960208210630.009a89dc@mail.teleport.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 06:42:07 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 06:42:07 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: CDA; Don't get mad, get even!

At 12:43 PM 2/8/96 -0800, cjs wrote:
>I think that we should make an example of those responsible for the
>CDA. Ignorance is really not an excuse here, because whoever voted for
>for the bill should have known the CDA was attached to it, and should
>have had some idea of what it did.

Does anyone have a list of who voted for and against this monstrocity?
Campaigns on the Internet made a difference in many campaigns in the last
election.  I am sure that we could help make that pressure felt in the
upcoming elections.

Maybe we can get canidates to sign their press releases with PGP.  Get them
to see that there are very good reasons for them to use crypto and have it
available for the general public as well.

"That will make it hot for them!" - Guy Grand
---
Alan Olsen -- alano@teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
  "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon

Thread