1996-02-20 - Re: Internet Privacy Guaranteed ad (POTP Jr.)

Header Data

From: IPG Sales <ipgsales@cyberstation.net>
To: Adam Shostack <adam@lighthouse.homeport.org>
Message Hash: 7493995d915d30c057cd16b84c8c9c400c2723a2af0bc171159f4a7da815c5be
Message ID: <Pine.BSD/.3.91.960219170127.5326A-100000@citrine.cyberstation.net>
Reply To: <199602192141.QAA14697@homeport.org>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-20 00:53:26 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 08:53:26 +0800

Raw message

From: IPG Sales <ipgsales@cyberstation.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 08:53:26 +0800
To: Adam Shostack <adam@lighthouse.homeport.org>
Subject: Re: Internet Privacy Guaranteed ad (POTP Jr.)

On Mon, 19 Feb 1996, Adam Shostack wrote:

> Since you're convinced that your system can stand scrutiny, why not
> post a URL for a paper describing the algorithims, key management,
> etc, of your system.  What you've posted here is unparseable, with the
> exception of some nonsense, which parses to `We know enough to be
> dangerous.'
>
> Adam
>

> IPG Sales wrote:
>
> | >From that 5600 bits, a combination of a prime number numbers, picked from
> | a large random table, by 512 of the random bits, ie 64 large prime
> | numbers, and the other random bits are used to generate the random numbers
> | used. This in effect creates a humoungous cycled encryption wheel
> | system, with over 10 to the 2300th power possibilities before repeats,
> | similar to engima but more like the most secured electronic encryption
> | systems used prior to the advent of computers.
>
> |  <sigh> - Einstein - He who thinks that he knows everything, knows
> |                      nothing.
> |

> --
> "It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once."
> 					               -Hume

We are not currently revealing all the details of our system because of
patents in process, and other relat6ed matters. We are offering the
software. You should be able to readily decompile it and determine the
algorithms used andf how they are used to generate random number sequences
for very long files.  For short messages, a true OTP is used directly.

If you are aware of encrtypting technology, you recognize that hardware
prime number cycle wheels for the basis of some of the most secured
hardware systems employed for encryption. We simply expand that technogy
using software to set an intial setting, an adder, and a limit for 64
such wheels, using large random prime numbers for each of those settings.
The total number of possibilities is over 10 to the 1690th power and can
be much larger.

Thus we can eliminate the need to have the length of the OTP to be equal
to the length of the file - if you do not belive that it works, try it
and see - it takes inly a few hours to set such a trial up. We generated
over 790 gigabytes of charcaters, on multiple backups, and tested. Our
standard deviations, chi squares, Delta ICs for bits, characters, sets,
and the entire set were random. The sets are random, and you can take
that to the bank.

Someone, will decompile it and discover that it is truly random, at least
from the practical usage basis. But we need that time to file patents,
cvopyrights and the like.

The IPG system solves the key management problem and produces a truly
unbreakabkle system. We make no apologies for not currently revealing all
of the methodologies andf algorithms, but they will be revealed with
time, by us or others, and you will discover that it is indeed a simple,
easy to use, easy to install, truly unbreakable system.

"Unless we know, we do not experience by talking," Plato

Thread