1996-02-22 - IBM Breakthrough?

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7cd31ab77e5e5d0d4ed08c980a193e7351cdf1adb87afbf10674ee95f46d5a8c
Message ID: <199602220244.VAA12908@pipe1.nyc.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 17:37:26 +0800

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 17:37:26 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: IBM Breakthrough?

   IBM has an ad in the Feb 26 New Yorker where a joker e-
   mails a recipe-swapping friend in Osaka that "I'll teleport
   you some goulash." The text then states:

      Margit is a little premature, but we are working on it.

      An IBM scientist and his colleagues have discovered a
      way to make an object disintegrate in one place and
      reappear intact in another.

      It sounds like magic. But their breakthrough could
      affect everything from the future of computers to our
      knowledge of the cosmos.

   What is this breakthrough or is it just a chump tease?

Thread