1996-02-15 - RE: Re:

Header Data

From: “Kurt Buff (Volt Comp)” <a-kurtb@microsoft.com>
To: “A. Padgett Peterson P.E. Information Security” <PADGETT%TCCSLR@emamv1.orl.mmc.com>
Message Hash: 9fea545edbd175bf5da43d5456282e36a05f1ebad6c3afc7e37e8f8daf23dd44
Message ID: <c=US%a=%p=msft%l=RED-06-MSG960215001238XS005300@red-01-imc.itg.microsoft.com>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1996-02-15 14:39:19 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 22:39:19 +0800

Raw message

From: "Kurt Buff (Volt Comp)" <a-kurtb@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 22:39:19 +0800
To: "A. Padgett Peterson P.E. Information Security" <PADGETT%TCCSLR@emamv1.orl.mmc.com>
Subject: RE: Re:

>}The United States is a sovereign nation. Do you dispute that ? The
>}constitution is a binding agreement between the government and its
>citizens
>}that determines how that sovereignty will be exercised, the elements in
>which
>}the nation will not interfere with citizens, and the duties which it will
>}carry out.

Haven't read much Lysander Spooner, or merely ignoring him?

If the former, try his essay:

No Treason: The Consitution of No Authority.

You can find it on the web, just use your favorite spider/whatever.

If the Constitution is a binding agreement, show me where I signed. A
contract requires two things of which I am aware (maybe some others that I
am not, since IANAL :-) - Agreement by all signatories, and performance. We
have at least one missing item in that list. If you wish to make the
argument that since I have paid taxes, I have agreed, then I will most
heartily beg to differ. I pay under protest, sometimes silent, sometimes
not, but never do I pay willingly.

If on the other hand you wish to argue from different grounds, I will
listen. But, with all due respect for your opinions (which is considerable,
actually) I expected better.

Kurt

Thread