1996-02-24 - Re: Internet Privacy Guaranteed ad (POTP Jr.)

Header Data

From: IPG Sales <ipgsales@cyberstation.net>
To: Dan Bailey <dan@milliways.org>
Message Hash: a876fe7548b1bfea83dd61a7f5e7067880c455ecab6f36457cfc52196a285d88
Message ID: <Pine.BSD/.3.91.960221153846.3814M-100000@citrine.cyberstation.net>
Reply To: <199602211534.KAA02195@remus.ultranet.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-24 11:50:37 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 24 Feb 1996 19:50:37 +0800

Raw message

From: IPG Sales <ipgsales@cyberstation.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 1996 19:50:37 +0800
To: Dan Bailey <dan@milliways.org>
Subject: Re: Internet Privacy Guaranteed ad (POTP Jr.)

Dan,

We do not asked that all the people on the Cypherpunks mailing list sign
anything - not even the ones that particpate in the testing - they sign
nothing and agree to nothing other than to be intellectually honest -
there is nothing for anyone to sign -

We have complied with Derek's request, why are so many of you starting to
protest - are you afraid of the truth? Obviously so - or you would not be
so timid - some of you have snapped at the opportunity to test the system,
the others are obviously skating backwards as fast as they can,

Appreciatively,

Ralph

Converstaion between Ralph and Charles Metzger, paraphrase -

Charles Metzger, was a brillant Docturate of Applied Mathematics, who was
blinded duribng his twenties  - he became a programmer, using punched
cards at first and later braille

Ralph: You amaze me Charles, you are the most precisioned programmer that
       I know - I bet 20% of your programs run the first time.

Charles: Not that much, probably more like 10%, you know what
         Panchatantra said ?

Ralph: No what?

Charles: Knowledge is the true organ of sight, not the eyes.

Ralph: I could not agree more -

It is obvious that some Cypherpunks true vision are not nearly so astute
as Charles was - not nearly, they are blinded by their arbitrary dogmatism

Thread