1996-02-15 - Re: True democracy the electronic way

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b35192d4f65a0ef06ce7c779caccfe36c5dbdf0c77fdca6efb1e6afc3be939c8
Message ID: <ad480f2b0f02100420ba@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 21:01:39 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 21:01:39 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: True democracy the electronic way

At 3:03 AM 2/15/96, Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:

>1. this is an extremely interesting problem in my opinion. the ideal
>form of government has not been achieved in many millenia. could it
>be solved given the full power of the information age, i.e.
>if anyone knows of
>a mailing list to discuss this concept of trying to apply technology
>to government, I would be most interested. the closest I can see

You might try the "Cypherwonks" mailing list that L. Detweiler set up a
couple of years ago to explore the very ideas you are supporting here. You
might find you have a lot in common with him.

--Klaus!, a tentacle

Boycott espionage-enabled software!