1996-02-15 - Re: Online Zakat Payment: Religious tithe.

Header Data

From: “Steven C. Perkins” <sperkins@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bdf97a6c2e0aa9a3b965107b3ad8cf77312ae7265f2156e39333d8ea9459ba70
Message ID: <1.5.4b11.32.19960215132811.0071d93c@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 02:21:12 +0800

Raw message

From: "Steven C. Perkins" <sperkins@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 02:21:12 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Online Zakat Payment: Religious tithe.

I am resending Mr. Gabb's message edited to show that Mr. May wrote the
three lines in question.

SC Perkins

At 10:34 AM 2/13/96 +0000, you wrote:
>On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Timothy C. May wrote:
>
> Once again, the gutter religion of Islam reveals the derangement of its
> so-called Prophet.
>
> The world really needs to get around to nuking these folks.
>
>Oh, Come now!  Islam may in its present form be a religion deeply hostile
>to liberty.  But since "nuking" the whole Islamic world would not be
>itself much of a defence of freedom, the only long term answer is to
>promote within Islam the same kind of Reformation as eventually made
>Christianity half decent.  And Tim's comments do not contribute to that.
>I don't know how many internet servers there are in the Middle East.
>But, if I were an intelligent fundamentalist, I'd be copying it all over
>the place.  "Look", I'd be saying, "these people really do mean another
>crusade to destroy us and our faith".
>
>I can understand Tim's disgust with these people.  But I do question his
>manner of expressing it.

Steven C. Perkins                             sperkins@andromeda.rutgers.edu
User Services Coordinator, Rutgers School of Law at Newark
15 Washington Street					 Newark, NJ  07102
VOX: 201-648-5965                                        FAX:  201-648-1356
                 http://www.rutgers.edu/RUSLN/rulnindx.html
                     http://www.rutgers.edu/lawschool.html
"Raise your voices to the Sky. It is a Good Day to die." Chief Crazy Horse