1996-02-09 - Re: Benefits of the V-Chip

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bedcc17d9bf9442d3fb0891cc95b10ead78a3ec89627c8f7eb40f17ff5b13f58
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960209205822.008eeda0@mail.teleport.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 06:03:52 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 06:03:52 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Benefits of the V-Chip

At 10:11 AM 2/9/96 -0500, Clay Olbon II wrote:

>There is one potential side-benefit to the V-chip -- The inverse-V-chip
>(the idea for which I stole from someone on this list, sorry I don't
>remember who to credit).
>
>I am looking forward to a time when I will never, even accidentally, have
>my TV tuned to "Full House" ;-)

The statements i have seen as to what the V-Chip (The V stands for
"Verbage"), it will not be that selectable.  You might be able get a version
that will not show you anything with a sex rating less than x, but then the
thought police will come and take you away.  (Crimethink in the presence of
minors is punishable by death.)

You have to remember that such products are brought to you by "People
Against Fun In Our Lifetime(tm)" and the "Hell On Earth Foundation".  Any
misuse of such products will be against Federal Law.  (Similar to the laws
on other household products.)
---
Alan Olsen -- alano@teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
  "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon
"I, Caligula Clinton... In the name of the Senate and the people of Rome!"
   - Bill Clinton signing the CDA with the First Amendment bent over.

Thread