1996-02-08 - Re: Arthur C. Clarke Supports Strong Crypto

Header Data

From: avatar@mindspring.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c1f9060042e2680643f4976cfd080604f5fa34869a07ced0b87067086b6af5d7
Message ID: <199602081552.KAA20844@borg.mindspring.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 00:23:09 +0800

Raw message

From: avatar@mindspring.com
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 00:23:09 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Arthur C. Clarke Supports Strong Crypto

At 09:06 PM 2/4/96 -0800, you wrote:

>At 08:05 PM 2/4/96 -0800, Timothy C. May wrote:
>>
>>(Pardon me for mentioning crypto...)
>>
>>Arthur C. Clarke, known to most of you (author of many SF works, coiner of
>>the phrase: "all sufficiently advanced technlogies are indistinguishable
>>from magic," mention by Alan Olsen yesterday), has a role in a "Discovery
>>Channel" program called "Mysterious Universe."
>
>Actually, it was _I_ who mentioned this quote, but didn't specifically
>recall whom to ascribe it to.  Perhaps Tim May didn't see it; a week or so
>ago May engaged in a shotgun-type killfile addition, including me when I was
>merely ( I still believe...) the victim in a local flamewar.  If there is
>somebody out there who:
>
>1.  Is on speaking terms with Tim May.
>and
>2.  Has a little respect for my commentary, I would very much appreciate it
>if you would forward this comment to him to ensure that he sees it.
>
>The truly ironic thing is that Tim wrongly ascribes the comment to Alan
>Olsen, who is apparently the (recently admitted) perpetrator of at least one
>flamewar
>against me.
>
>Jim Bell
>jimbell@pacifier.com

GROW UP!!
Charles Donald Smith Jr.

||The government  is my shepherd I need not work. It alloweth me to lie
 down on a good job. It leadeth me beside stilled factories. It destroyeth
 my initiative. It leadeth me in the path of a parasite for politics sake. YEA,
 though I walk through the valley of laziness and deficet spending I shall
 fear no evil, for the government is with me. It prepareth an economic utopia
 for me by appropriating the earnings of my grandchildren. It filleth my head
 with false security. My inefficiency runeth over. Surely, the government
should care for me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in a fools paradise
forever.................AMEN!   || nuke'm if ya got'em||

Thread