1996-02-12 - Mail at the office

Header Data

From: brianh@u163.wi.vp.com (Brian Hills)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c6c893eb923527c23b16e7e6d54c326bc0061bbe3078ae1055ff09b386a56556
Message ID: <m0tlyMm-00025AC@u163.wi.vp.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 22:32:13 +0800

Raw message

From: brianh@u163.wi.vp.com (Brian Hills)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 22:32:13 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Mail at the office

Hello;

I would like to know if there is anyway to keep a record of what is
happening on my machine at work.  I have had all my personal e-mail
deleted twice now over the weekend.  My employer has no problems with
the employees recieving non work related e-mail.

I'm on a unix enviroment.  I have written a simple program to let me
know who logins on my machine, but it doesn't provide enough
information anymore.  I have talked with the sys.admin but he doesn't
know what to do either.  I have tried to find a sniffer thats already
compiled for i can not compile anything here, but have had no success.

Any help or pointers would be Greatly Apreciated
please reply by private e-mail so the noise level doesn't increase on
my account.

Sincerly,
Brian
brianh@u163.wi.vp.com