1996-02-02 - Re: Delusional

Header Data

From: Nathaniel Borenstein <nsb@nsb.fv.com>
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@osf.org>
Message Hash: ca71446fb704d56662e00df187b286f5a3519b6d5234afaf64287d52d4ff5dcf
Message ID: <gl4c2KaMc50eF5gZxr@nsb.fv.com>
Reply To: <9601301325.AA17030@sulphur.osf.org>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-02 23:33:24 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 07:33:24 +0800

Raw message

From: Nathaniel Borenstein <nsb@nsb.fv.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 07:33:24 +0800
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@osf.org>
Subject: Re: Delusional

Excerpts from mail.cypherpunks: 30-Jan-96 Delusional Rich Salz@osf.org (752)

> You're disagreeing that I invented safe-tcl?  You disagree that I sent
> you and Ousterhout the very first message that said I want to strip out
> the dangerous commands?

That's not the way I remember it at all, but I'd be interested in seeing
the archives.  My recollection was that it was invented over breakfast
at an IETF meeting (the Columbus one???  I'm not sure) and that Dave
Crocker and Einar Stefferud were also there, along with Marshall and I.
If I'm misremembering, I apologize.  Honeslty.

> You're disagreeing that without enabled mail FV would probably
> not have happened?

Except for the fact that they provided prior evidence that Marshall & I
could work together, I'm not sure how it's relevant.  Yes, we used
safe-tcl to implement our server, but any number of other languages
would have sufficed.... -- Nathaniel
--------
Nathaniel Borenstein <nsb@fv.com>
Chief Scientist, First Virtual Holdings