1996-02-02 - Re: Charter of PDX Cpunk meetings

Header Data

From: Paul Kanz <paul@icx.com>
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Message Hash: da1b2b16aa22296273a06f8d8ea41a68001c13fd939ec7b8bcfe59ae4f2a2ea9
Message ID: <Pine.HPP.3.91.960202090112.25583A-100000@pat2.icx.com>
Reply To: <m0tiGg6-0008zpC@pacifier.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-02 18:20:59 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 02:20:59 +0800

Raw message

From: Paul Kanz <paul@icx.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 02:20:59 +0800
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: Charter of PDX Cpunk meetings

Now, hold on here.  I was at the meeting and I don't know what you are
referring to as "highly unethical behavior", could you expand this
for myself and others.

As for "FOR:  I've received commentary which suggests that they believe that
key-signing somehow vouches for the HONESTY of the person involved; not his
IDENTITY."  Unless I'm in the minority, the key-signing process IS NOT a test
to determine if the person is a 'honest' person, but to ensure that the keys
where valid and that someone did not make a mistake somewhere.

Keep in mind that the meeting was a mixer, not a board of directors meeting -
take a chill pill.

-Paul

On Fri, 2 Feb 1996, jim bell wrote:

Paul Kanz