1996-02-02 - Re: Declan appearing on “Europe’s Most Wanted”

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e48fb342fdf3ae9a886b2a1bec992d2d0bf4cbb88def4a7c30a299c7b660fbe6
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960201111816.009b2ee4@panix.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 03:49:30 +0800

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 03:49:30 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Declan appearing on "Europe's Most Wanted"

At 01:26 AM 2/1/96 -0800, Timothy C. May wrote:

>The situation with Declan, Sameer, Duncan, and others, is even less clear.
>Things are moving much faster now that the Net is the means of
>distribution. I was of course half-joking about Declan visiting Europe, but
>surely France could decide to throw the book at him, and any EU country he
>entered (such as Ireland, judging from his name) could hold him at their
>entry point and ship him off to France to "set an example."

The "modal time served" in Europe for cypherpunks activities is/will be so
low as to be indistinguishable from zero.  If only that was my greatest
legal risk.  Continental legal systems believe in prior restraint so they
make a lot of noise but they are pretty weak in the punishment department.

DCF

Thread