1996-02-01 - Re: Crypto-smart-card startup Inside Technologies

Header Data

From: Kari Laine <buster@klaine.pp.fi>
To: Peter Monta <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e9e78f11115f12f678564b56035e90bdfd277ac48a67083826df1f8be82c0ded
Message ID: <MAPI.Id.0016.00617269206c61693631383730313144@MAPI.to.RFC822>
Reply To: <199601310830.AAA06778@mage.qualcomm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-01 06:26:01 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 14:26:01 +0800

Raw message

From: Kari Laine <buster@klaine.pp.fi>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 14:26:01 +0800
To: Peter Monta <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Crypto-smart-card startup Inside Technologies

>There's an article in the January 29 _EE Times_ about a French
>cryptographic-smart-card startup called Inside Technologies.
>Tidbits:

I find it in a way amusing that a country which
have very weird attitude towards use of crypto
(it is not allowed to be used) tries to set
standards and provide new technology. If they
are that opposing to use of strong encryption
how on earth they can be providing it to others
and get those others to believe there is no
catch in it?

Maybe it is the difference in internal and
foreign policies but still I suppose a country is
supposed to be spying or sorry gather information
on other countries not on their own people and
companies.

Just wondering...

Kari Laine

Thread