1996-02-05 - violating politicians privacy

Header Data

From: attila <attila@primenet.com>
To: Karl Ike <karl.ike@sihope.com>
Message Hash: eca6afa9c5e5d4912bddc485dd60907bbe638d30a482af55077357e3a5467f17
Message ID: <Pine.BSD.3.91.960205073610.8568I-100000@usr1.primenet.com>
Reply To: <199602050558.XAA17819@unix1.sihope.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-05 19:02:08 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 03:02:08 +0800

Raw message

From: attila <attila@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 03:02:08 +0800
To: Karl Ike <karl.ike@sihope.com>
Subject: violating politicians privacy

    attila sez:

	well, I take it as assumed correct that illegally violating the
    credit and personal information of member os Congress (might as well
    include the Clintons and the Gores) would get a response on privacy.

	but you would be a targt of an incredible manhunt. For example,
    I can give you the name of an online information provider (if I was
    so disposed --which I am _not_, as I do not wish to be labelled as a
    conspirator) who would provide the credit, medical, and background
    reports of 500+ individuals for $20-25 a pop.  then you take out an
    account on a system with a false id and does not require credit cards
    (pay cash, not cheque)  --mail each one to the target rep/sen/bubba
    after mailing the whole set to Geraldo, or some other slimball.

	but, I think I would put my money on further laws to really
    clamp down on free speech. and, if you ever were caught, don't
    expect all of us to donate one day a month for 10-50 years to visit
    you in the slammer.

	more laws, more political police, more prisons  --that's their
    motto.

	enjoy

_________________________________________________________________ attila__

On Sun, 4 Feb 1996, Karl Ike wrote:

> It is impossible to get changes in the Fair Credit Reporting Act in the
> traditional way. Credit reporting agencies have far too much personal
> information that is passed out with incrediable ease at the consumers expense.
>
> I have a suggestion!
>
> Today, with TRW, Equifax and TransUnion's vast network, it is easy to obtain
> anyone's credit report from various sources. Do you think if someone,
> outside of the USA, obtained the credit reports on half, maybe all, of the
> US Senators, congressmen, judges, etc, and published them in their entirity,
> on the internet, from outside the US, would get their attention? Then there
> would be changes, overnight, protecting the right of privacy! Let them
> become the victim of credit reporting agencies once and shit will happen
> overnight.
>
> If someone who is not a US citizen does this from outside the US, I don't
> think that they can be held accountable under US law? I am new to the
> internet and don't have a clue how to do it, but someone out there does and
> probably has a friend in Bankok that will help him. Put the word out!

    go not unto usenet for advice, for the inhabitants thereof will say:
      yes, and no, and maybe, and I don't know, and fuck-off.

    To be a ruler of men, you need at least 12 inches....
    There is no safety this side of the grave.  Never was; never will be.

Thread