1996-02-29 - Re: PGP to PC mail integration

Header Data

From: Matts Kallioniemi <matts@pi.se>
To: lmccarth@cs.umass.edu
Message Hash: facb8a78346d512669facbe772c5c2df032f5751a3a5aec8ac049026b7d1d9a7
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960229085326.003358ec@mail.pi.se>
Raw Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 05:49:16 +0800

Raw message

From: Matts Kallioniemi <matts@pi.se>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 05:49:16 +0800
To: lmccarth@cs.umass.edu
Subject: Re: PGP to PC mail integration

At 08:54 1996-02-28 -0500, lmccarth@cs.umass.edu wrote:
>Mike Ingle writes:
>> Instead of messing with user interfaces,
>
>I wrote:
># Would you be stuck if you wanted to send something unsigned and/or
># unencrypted ?
>
>Matts writes:
>% Nope. The VB program should give a popup window where you can enter your
>% passphrase to sign/decrypt the message. Such a popup can have a <NO> button
>% if you don't want it to do its thing.
>
>Sure sounds like a user interface to me. <shrug>

Sure, what did you expect? A program that obtains your pass phrase without a
user interface?!? That would be a neat hack if you could pull it off. Should
it do mind reading, or just crack the pass phrase by brute force?

Seriously, the idea here is that the pgp front end shouldn't deal with the
user interface in your present mail program. Nobody (before you) have
considered doing it completely without a user interface.

Matts

Thread