1996-03-16 - Re: Jump Start ecash With IPhone

Header Data

From: eggplant@inlink.com (eggplant)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 07654be3f78d2189bff7afa492a196063339e753ccb7fd6a3199dce77020d9b8
Message ID: <v01510102ad65718732c1@[206.196.98.116]>
Raw Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 16:59:30 +0800

Raw message

From: eggplant@inlink.com (eggplant)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 16:59:30 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Jump Start ecash With IPhone

>Jim McCoy wrote:
>| Two problems:
>|
>|         1- Chaum did not have the clue to pick up on this when two
>|            cypherpunks (who shall remain nameless...) pitched this
>|            and several other ideas to involve ISPs in jump-starting
>|            ecash almost two years ago, so why would he figure it out
>|            now?
>
>        But now we don't need no stinkin' license.  We just use Mark
>Twain ecash.
>
>        The big problem with this is that net phones can be subject to
>delay & drop out, and I don't want to deal with that when I'm talking
>on the phone.
>
>Adam
>
>--
>"It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once."
>                                                       -Hume

One thing to remember, this is still a developing program. With the
increasing of bandwith and the development of new and better compression
algorithyms, this will slowly fade. This is only the begining. In a couple
years, the transmision and reception could be as good, if not better than
the normal telephone, you never know.

--
"... In Germany they first came for the Communists and I
didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came

++++++++++++
**************************************
*	 Matthew Murphy	------------ eggplant@inlink.com
*   http://www.inlink.com/~eggplant
*   The Web page is under construciton at this time though..
*   Please don't mind the mess....
*
finger eggplant@inlink.com for my PGP key.

Thread