1996-03-06 - Re: Bombings, Surveillance, and Free Societies

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 54401b0bb14c7f8244d540161190afd62661af7516b8faee5d00b5223d5a27e0
Message ID: <199603052148.WAA05491@utopia.hacktic.nl>
Raw Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 10:01:52 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 10:01:52 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Bombings, Surveillance, and Free Societies

At 12:51 PM 3/4/96, Timothy C. May wrote:

> Personally, while I feel sorry for the dead in Israel, I think anyone who
> moves to a small desert state surrounded on all sides by Arabs who want
> their land back is asking for trouble.

I argue that the invading of countries, bombing of cities,
starving of towns, burning of villages, hijacking of ships,
and murdering torturing, beating and kidnapping of Arabs to be
"asking for trouble."

> Being an atheist, I treat all religious mystics as suspect. When a bunch of
> people leave London and Chicago and Paris to live in the desert, surrounded
> by sworn enemies with nuclear capabilities, I think whatever happens to
> them is...."unsurprising."

I disagree with you here; the only side with nuclear capabilities is
Israel.

	We cannot keep having this mixture of Jews and Arabs.
	We have to stop the blurring. There has to be a separation, not
	just a technical closure. We have to decide on separation as
	a philosophy." - Yitzhak Rabin

Thread