1996-03-23 - Re: Thanks for the keys

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6b8ccf6ee9585b1df4e0b883c07efd4c1df569d1e3f7edf57d12e02dad69c98d
Message ID: <ad7864c6130210043e77@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 21:56:59 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 21:56:59 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Thanks for the keys

At 12:00 AM 3/22/96, whitfield.diffie@Eng.Sun.COM wrote:
>    I would like to thank the gentleman, who identified himself only
>as a cypherpunk, who fetched my keys out of the door of my wife's car
>(I frequently leave keys sticking in the doors of cars), knocked on
>the window, and handed them to me.

That anonymity was successfully preserved demonstates the perfect forward
secrecy of Diffie key exchange.

Or something like that.

--Tim "Not the Key Master" May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!