1996-03-09 - FCC Sets Comment Date for Internet Phone Call Rulemaking (fwd)

Header Data

From: Henry Huang <hwh6k@fulton.seas.virginia.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8527bcb95f7fefa06a95d9caa0bec5659f2fc45af539d95ee49facb55652d97b
Message ID: <199603082153.QAA36908@fulton.seas.Virginia.EDU>
Raw Date: Sat, 9 Mar 1996 23:37:28 +0800

Raw message

From: Henry Huang <hwh6k@fulton.seas.virginia.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 1996 23:37:28 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: FCC Sets Comment Date for Internet Phone Call Rulemaking (fwd)

Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 15:33:21 -0600
Sender: telecomreg@relay.doit.wisc.edu
From: "Neal J. Friedman" <njf@commlaw.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <telecomreg@relay.doit.wisc.edu>
Subject: FCC Sets Comment Date for Internet Phone Call Rulemaking

The FCC has acted with astonishing speed in setting a date for comments on
the ACTA petition to regulate telephone calls via the Internet.  It is not
uncommon for rule making petitions to sit for weeks, months, even years
without action.  ACTA filed its petition on March 6th and two days later the
FCC issued a Public Notice seeking comment.  The deadline for comments is
April 8, 1996 with reply comments due 15 days later.

After reviewing the comments, the FCC will either terminate the proceeding
without further action or issue a Notice of Proposed Rule Making seeking
further comments on a proposed rule.

Time is of the essence for those who may be interested in opposing the
Notice.  Our law firm would be available to represent parties who may wish
to file joint comments in opposition.  Please contact me privately if you
have any interest.
 |Neal J. Friedman  | Pepper & Corazzini, LLP   |Voice:       |
 | njf@commlaw.com  |   1776 K Street, N.W.     | 202-296-0600|
 |Telecommunications|       Suite 200           |Fax:         |
 |& Information Law |  Washington, D.C. 20006   | 202-296-5572|
 |	       Web Server:  http://www.commlaw.com/           |