1996-03-23 - No Subject

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 94f62415983e627a48566f7f50ad0b39170bdb10110432f06a2da61d07f84c2b
Message ID: <199603230455.FAA13248@utopia.hacktic.nl>
Raw Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 15:21:54 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 15:21:54 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No Subject

So what? I've gone years without filing a damned tax return because I don't owe anything. And the couple of times I realized they owed me something I filed tax returns a year or two late.
They don't give a shit unless they think you owe them money
(or technically, if you actually do even if they don't know it).

CP-Lite warning: no crypto.
CDA Warning: Fuck you too.

gjeffers@ns.htc.net (Gary Lee Jeffers) scritten:

>From STRATEGIC INVESTMENT March 20, 1996

>                        Is the IRS a paper tiger?

>   As the IRS teeters on the brink, a fellow named Eddie Kahn has stepped
>forward and may be about to push the whole creaking mess over the edge.
>He hasn't got an arrow in his back yet, so he might just succeed. Dis-
>dainful of "tax protests" such as 5th Amendment or legal tender arguments
>that quickly get their advocates behind bars, Eddie looked into the stru-
>ture of federal law. When Congress passes a law, codified as a statute,
>it then delegates to a regulatory agency the authority to issue the im-
>plementing regulations specifiying to whom and under what circumstances
>the statute applies. These regulations must, by law, be published in the
>Federal Register. Lacking these implementing regulations, the law cannot
>be applied and has no force. Well, it turns out that the implementing re-
>gulations for IRS' enforcement statutes-things like the requirement to
>file a tax return and the authority to place a lien-cannot be found in
>the Federal Register. When queried on this, the General Counsel for the
>Office of the Federal Register, Michael White, replied in writing, "Our
>records indicate that the Internal Revenue Service has not incorporated
>by reference in the Federal Register a requirement to make an income tax
>return."

Thread