1996-03-28 - Re: About Triple DES ……

Header Data

From: Eric Young <eay@mincom.oz.au>
To: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Message Hash: ab12944b62cc0bd32f08d736f94b3444b148fb38a1f0a6c3c9b7ef53e2ca8580
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.960328092155.6081E-100000@orb>
Reply To: <199603270836.AAA20254@dfw-ix12.ix.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-03-28 10:27:23 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 18:27:23 +0800

Raw message

From: Eric Young <eay@mincom.oz.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 18:27:23 +0800
To: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: About Triple DES ......

On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Bill Stewart wrote:
> That part's easy - DES source is available on ftp.ox.ac.uk, and also on
> ftp.dsi.unimi.it and ftp.funet.fi.  There may be specific triple-DES
> code there, but if not, triple DES is just
>         Encrypt(Key1, Decrypt(Key2, Encrypt(Key3, Message)))
> so you can easily write a subroutine to do that.

I got carried away with adding triple DES to libdes v 3.21+ (listed at
most of the above mentioned sites) back in november.  It has routines for
triple DES in ecb, cbc, cfb64 and ofb64 modes.

The SSLeay package builds a utility called 'enc' which can
encrypt/decrypt with optional base64 conversion in any of the above
mentioned modes (plus more).  Infact, SSLeay has much nicer higher level
'by parts' finctions for the ciphers that are much easier to use.

eric
--
Eric Young                  | Signature removed since it was generating
AARNet: eay@mincom.oz.au    | more followups than the message contents :-)

Thread