1996-03-29 - Controversys in security

Header Data

From: Jason Roissetter <J.Roissetter@plymouth.ac.uk>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b2886418767673e8c325d0d82f57b0a5eed5ed233745b123f82bf5af25e83baa
Message ID: <150848663C2@cs_fs15.csd.plym.ac.uk>
Raw Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 07:01:57 +0800

Raw message

From: Jason Roissetter <J.Roissetter@plymouth.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 07:01:57 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Controversys in security

I am currently writting a report into the controverys invovled with data
encyption and have desided to target the current DES system, I have
found pages on the internet explaining the new triple DES system
thought i need more information on the current controversys involved
with the current DES system i'm aware that the key is no longer long
enough for data to be protected for any amount of time, thought i
really need more information to draw conclutions, if there is anyone
with information could they please forward it to me.
                                                                       jason roissetter

Thread