1996-03-02 - Anyone else getting duplicate ACKs sending alpha.c2.org messages?

Header Data

From: platypus@alpha.c2.org (The Warm-Blooded One)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b65d3ab0e77a690119e8e5bd36349de349d326cea9e10ec5e1ceb96573068fdc
Message ID: <199603020231.SAA04039@eternity.c2.org>
Raw Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 12:09:46 +0800

Raw message

From: platypus@alpha.c2.org (The Warm-Blooded One)
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 12:09:46 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Anyone else getting duplicate ACKs sending alpha.c2.org messages?

I just started a couple days ago, so it's entirely possible that I'm doing something wrong, but I seem to be getting two acknowledgement messages, about 5 minutes apart, for the last four messages (which happen to be my first four messages) sent through alias@alpha.c2.org. The recipient only seems to be getting one copy of the message. I happen to be using Private Idaho (thanks Joel!), but I don't think it should matter.

Just wanted to check whether this was a common experience before troubleshooting more or bugging Sameer (yeah, so I go and bug EVERYBODY instead).

I was going to figure it out myself, but since I'm bugging you anyway, is there a decent newbie guide on the web for using the
mail-news gateways that parse the Newsgroups: header? I gather you just add the header after a ::, but do you just add headers, or repeat them all?

I am mostly just educating myself and playing around with this stuff at the moment, so don't waste your time giving me a detailed reply on the assumption that I'm an Australian political dissident or anything.
--
platypus@alpha.c2.org

Thread