1996-03-10 - Re: Assassination Politics(tm) was V-chips, CC, and Motorcycle Helmets

Header Data

From: frantz@netcom.com (Bill Frantz)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bbc267a19f97c74e20f5149ec4a0b14591a5aa81a874084c65616b89666e28a9
Message ID: <199603090640.WAA20310@netcom7.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 05:21:23 +0800

Raw message

From: frantz@netcom.com (Bill Frantz)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 05:21:23 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Assassination Politics(tm) was V-chips, CC, and Motorcycle Helmets

At  5:26 PM 3/8/96 -0400, E. ALLEN SMITH wrote:
>From:   IN%"jimbell@pacifier.com"  "jim bell" 16-FEB-1996 03:25:12.58
>>At 02:18 PM 2/15/96 -0800, Bill Frantz wrote:

Since my name keeps getting dragged into this discussion, I will share with
youall the conclusions I reached after my last set of exchanges with Jim
Bell.

(1) Assassination Politics (AP) will be most useful to a fired-up group of
people who want to silence a single person.  Madeline Murray O'Hare comes
to mind.  (She was a Texas atheist who challenged school prayer and won.)

(2) Jim Bell and I disagree strongly on the market price for assassinations.

(3) Jim Bell and I disagree on the number of deaths needed to deter someone
who believes in what they do.  In our discussion, this question comes down
to: are IRS employees more like corporate consultants or like soldiers.

(4) I think that if someone can be traced as profiting from a AP death,
e.g. through winning a gamble on the date/time of death, that person's
whereabouts at the time of death will be carefully investigated.

(5) While killing someone whose name and residence are known is easy, and
the killer is likely to get away with it, does that mean that killing
someone who has been marked as having a price on her head is as easy?  I
assume her friends and neighbors will protect her.  The TV cameras will be
running 24 hours a day.  This will, at a minimum raise the price of
assassinations.

Regards (that means you too, Jim Bell) - Bill

Bill Frantz       | The CDA means  | Periwinkle  --  Computer Consulting
(408)356-8506     | lost jobs and  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz@netcom.com | dead teenagers | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA

Thread