1996-03-20 - Re: [NOISE] Re: Dorothy Denning attacks Leahy’s crypto bill

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: abostick@netcom.com (Alan Bostick)
Message Hash: bfc6099aad74680b1ee2545d972e9db1caddf364bc64dddab6a4606f13d14dc3
Message ID: <199603202035.PAA01839@jekyll.piermont.com>
Reply To: <OtEUx8m9LshX085yn@netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-03-20 20:36:56 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 20 Mar 96 12:36:56 PST

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 96 12:36:56 PST
To: abostick@netcom.com (Alan Bostick)
Subject: Re: [NOISE] Re: Dorothy Denning attacks Leahy's crypto bill

Alan Bostick writes:
> Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com> wrote:
>
> > I may have to adjust my position on Leahy's bill. Any legislation that
> > Dorothy Denning attacks so virulently must be worth passing.
>
> That could be exactly what They want you to think!

Oh, God. This is really a bit too much, don't you think?

I mean, its obvious that, whatever its flaws, passage of the Leahy
bill would be very bad for the export control droids. Has it occurred
to you that the whole thing might not be a conspiracy and that the
flaws in the bill might just be that -- flaws?

Perry

Thread