1996-03-28 - How to enter the US without a visa?

Header Data

From: jamesd@echeque.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d6935bda8ba62d737fe05cb55baf5d97c5adba099e4ca707372934f0e4ff2a1e
Message ID: <199603270702.XAA03414@dns2.noc.best.net>
Raw Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 09:36:19 +0800

Raw message

From: jamesd@echeque.com
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 09:36:19 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: How to enter the US without a visa?

This is somewhat off topic for cypherpunks, but alt.forgery is dead, so
cypherpunks is probably the nearest group.

Suppose (hypothetically) an American resident cypherpunk had a
hypothetical friend who is most unlikely to obtain an American visa.

Now the standard way of dealing with situation is for an American
friend to get a certified birth certificate of someone born in
America, concoct some photo ID, send it to the out-of-America friend,
and then the out-of-America friend comes in through Montego Bay or
some similar point where there is lots of tourist traffic.

But the thought struck me that this might not work for some one
who hypothetically has a foreign appearance and a truly terrible
accent.

Now a fake greencard would probably work, but greencards have
age and sex etc encoded on them, and conceivably they check them
against a database, in which case it would be necessary to obtain
the greencard number of a real person of the right age and sex,
which is not easy.

Any suggestions?  Surely lots of people have dealt with this
problem already.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com