1996-03-27 - Re: ViaCrypt PGP 4.0 for Windows shipping

Header Data

From: moen@cyberspace.com (Bruce Moen)
To: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Message Hash: daf629122b6a4ecb087c297982e65acf4db3ad02717d8e52ebb1a85ee84f9b7a
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.960327053217.29709C-100000@case.cyberspace.com>
Reply To: <2.2.32.19960327060017.0090a994@mail.teleport.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-03-27 21:32:44 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 05:32:44 +0800

Raw message

From: moen@cyberspace.com (Bruce Moen)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 05:32:44 +0800
To: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Subject: Re: ViaCrypt PGP 4.0 for Windows shipping

And I am new here, so doubly sorry for the same reason.  But I was
corresponding with Via Crypt on this same point and here is a copy of
what they sent me.

Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 12:08:49 -0700
From: "Dave Barnhart, ViaCrypt Product Manager" <barnhart@viacrypt.com>
To: moen@cyberspace.com

On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Alan Olsen wrote:

> I have not seen this here yet, so sorry if you have seen it...
>
> ViaCrypt is claiming that they are now shipping the Windows version of their
> PGP 4.0.  (I tend to not believe marketing claims until I hear from people
> who actually have it.)
>
> Does anyone know if there are plans for this version to be interoperable
> with PGP 3.0?
>
> Furthermore, has anyone tried the new version?
> ---
> Alan Olsen -- alano@teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
>         `finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key
>                 http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
>   "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon

Thread