1996-04-06 - Re: unsubscrive

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 21aca468ed9b2102a141fde3bd849773ecca2ddab6a156c265be029ed725c0ce
Message ID: <ad8b328b20021004dcf5@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 17:47:37 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 17:47:37 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com

At 10:21 PM 4/5/96, robalo wrote:

Maybe these dweebs are posting from an alternate universe? A universe in
which not even messages explaining that "unsubscrive," "unsuscribe,"
"undescribe," "unscribe," and "unimbibe" are not valid alternate spellings
of "unsubscribe."

I've copied my short explanation of how to subscribe and unsubcribe too
many times to do it again; and it is clear that these folks are either
doing this out of spite, are not reading any of the messages we send them,
or think it funny.

This may kill off the Cypherpunks list even where Detweiler's massive rants
failed. (Now that Detweiler's cabin in Montana has been raided, and one of
his tentacles carried off, who will fill his shoes? Vlad the VZNuri is well
on his way to matching Detweiler's volume, if not his obsessiveness.)

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!