1996-04-13 - Calvin and Hobbes

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 411b47694611f08ff586042e25e943cefec0dbd2cb8fb8aa7a26b92f4ba0894f
Message ID: <ad93d9911a0210046aff@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 19:12:13 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 19:12:13 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Calvin and Hobbes

At 3:14 AM 4/12/96, Adam Shostack wrote:

>        Snow Crash is a book about a future in which governments are
>ineffective.  Companies run things, and have complete local control.
>The world has gone to hell, and as a result, life is nasty, poor,
>brutish and short.  Many people do not look forward to this world.

Reminds me of a good joke I heard about the comic strip "Calvin and Hobbes"
(Calvin is a little boy, Hobbes is his stuffed toy tiger, who only Calvin
can see is alive).

Why is Calvin so much like Hobbes? He's nasty, brutish, and short.

(I heard this from Chip Morningstar...I don't know where he heard it, or if
perchance he invented it.)

--Tim

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!