1996-04-14 - Re: Watch your language, Shabbir.

Header Data

From: Mike McNally <m5@vail.tivoli.com>
To: s1113645@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca
Message Hash: 41259e6bbb27d86c6f7a95ad5c7aa5eabcbb733cd35bda35977178fc1ec5cbbd
Message ID: <3170F667.6EEA@vail.tivoli.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9604131930.D22882-0100000@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca>
UTC Datetime: 1996-04-14 15:10:47 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 23:10:47 +0800

Raw message

From: Mike McNally <m5@vail.tivoli.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 23:10:47 +0800
To: s1113645@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca
Subject: Re: Watch your language, Shabbir.

s1113645@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca wrote:
> > Look, very carefully, at the last paragraph quoted above.  Mr. Safdar
> > says, "No reasonable person is objecting to the FBI's right to conduct
> > a wiretap."
>
> That's right. Because no reasonable person thinks they can convince Congress
> or the Supremes otherwise. It isn't impossible, but energies are best spent
> elsewhere, like getting the Burns bill passed.

The choice of words was exceedlingly poor if that's what he really meant.
Though I agree that it's unlikely any LEA will give up capabilities it's
grown to imagine is has a "right" to have, I haven't stopped objecting.

Mike M Nally * Tiv^H^H^H IBM * Austin TX    * pain is inevitable
       m5@tivoli.com * m101@io.com          *
      <URL:http://www.io.com/~m101>         * suffering is optional

Thread