1996-04-23 - Re: Nazis on the Net

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: tallpaul@pipeline.com
Message Hash: 49b29a6f6149b4176156c364ebf7d48ce7db479b9d9dfc4b5175ebf2e7049f3a
Message ID: <01I3V1T4ISI88Y4Z9L@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 19:02:15 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 19:02:15 +0800
To: tallpaul@pipeline.com
Subject: Re: Nazis on the Net

From: tallpaul@pipeline.com (tallpaul)

>Since E.A. Smith wants completeness re the Zundelsite issue, I am curious
>about his assertion about Weaver.

>Might we know the source of his complete info on Weaver's political and
>racial beliefs.

>I see, in essence, three hypothesis:

>1) Cover the ass of a potential neo-Nazi or racist (or both) without any
>reference to what is really true;

>2) Get information from outer space;

>3) Base the conclusion on hard evidence.

>If the answer is 3) I'd like to get a real pointer to the real evidence. By
>real evidence I mean just that, not wishful thinking or advertising jingles
>for points 1) or 2).

	Hmm... good question. I've seen various quotes from Randy Weaver in
various publications, including Time and other non-right-wing ones. None of
them indicated him as an actual neo-Nazi or racist, even in the stories (such
as in Time) which appeared to assume that militia member = neo-Nazi (quite
incorrect, from what I know of the subject. For instance, the most
anti-government of the gun-rights organizations, which appears to have quite a
few militia members, is Jews for Firearms Ownership. The founders of the
organization in question believe that gun rights are necessary to prevent
another Holocaust. Other gun-rights political organizations concentrate on
self-defense from non-governmental criminals). I don't know when I'll have
the time to check on the matter.

>PS: Cypherpunks seems to be getting very wiggy these days.

	Most mailing lists do on a regular basis... my (passing) scans of the
archives indicate that cypherpunks is prone to this.
	-Allen

Thread