1996-04-13 - Re: So, what crypto legislation (if any) is necessary?

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Message Hash: 4e7e8e5f61c750d11e2b7363d2ca9abd38395e65fb3525947c9f089b98d7f2ab
Message ID: <199604101300.JAA04920@jekyll.piermont.com>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.960409192104.24728B-100000@crl6.crl.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-04-13 22:13:03 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 06:13:03 +0800

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 06:13:03 +0800
To: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Subject: Re: So, what crypto legislation (if any) is necessary?

Folks;

Just a small meta-request. I already filter everything Jim writes --
its all junk -- but when people reply to a message of his and send the
mail only to Cypherpunks, it is hard for me to filter the reply. If
people could make sure that he's in the To: line, or could make a
practice of putting some standardized phrase (I suggest the words
"Jim Bell YaddaYadda") into the Subject: line it would make it easier
to filter.

Some people (especially those who don't try to do it) don't actually
understand how hard it is, technically, to heavily filter out the
noise; in the general case the problem is AI complete. Sigh.

Perry

Sandy Sandfort writes:
> To which Jim Bell wrote:
>
> > And the rest of us are tired of seeing those non-responses!
>
> Exactly for whom is Bell speaking?  Jimbo, please let us know
> who has given you a limited powers of attorney to be their
> mouthpiece.

Thread